Wednesday, February 28, 2018

OT: Russia Monitors Everything?

With all the news about Russia in the US political arena, I thought I would toss out this bit of off topic information. It appears that Russia monitors just about everything on the internet including this blog at times. 


I have noticed that for some reason I get a large number of "page views" coming from Russia here on this blog at times. It seems to happen whenever I mention certain key words like Bank for International Settlements (BIS) or IMF, etc. Below I pasted in my blog page views by country for the recent past few days so you can see what I mean.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                    page views

Russia
2213
United States
2163
Poland
204
United Kingdom
196
Ukraine
174
Canada
161
Netherlands
103
Germany
77
Hong Kong
60
Australia
58
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why they would care about this blog, but I suspect they simply have programs that constantly automatically monitor the internet for certain key phrases etc. I can go for weeks with no page views from Russia and then suddenly they show up in mass for whatever reason (sometimes several hundred in just a few seconds). I am certain these are not individual people reading this blog as the volume of sudden page views is too large too fast for that to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment